Nicola Andrews

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jeff Martin in Haarlem!

Jackson and I went to see Jeff Martin, from the Tea Party, perform at the Patronaat (voted Holland's best club) in Haarlem.


The support act from Canada, called 'Tenth Planet'.


They were very amusing, mostly because the lead singer had trouble keeping his eyes open and steady on his feet (living the novelty of the Netherlands, perhaps?)


Jeff himself.


Yes, I agree, he does bear an uncanny resemblance to Sirius Black from Harry Potter!


But he was great. I loved the way he introduced each song with a story behind it. Made it much more meaningful.


Not sure about the random belly dancer who accompanied some of his tunes. The baldie percussionist was awesome though.


I was soooo tired and not a huge fan of the band, but after going with that mentality I had the most awesome time!


It was a cool little venue, smoky but intimate so we worked our way in true dutch style up to the front!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog